.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Pen Master ©

There is a fine balance between expression and control. Poetry in an excellent way to find that balance. Mastered meter and possibly rhyme, to avant-garde free verse is bent and willed as the poet's great message finds freedom on the page. My goal, to find this balance... Everything on this blog is copyright © by P. Allan Frederick and permission must be granted in order to copy or use any content!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eastern Kentucky, United States

I am a passionate and compassionate Biblican who is also deeply into the arts. I can defend doctrines and bring people to God, but I also am a fine art painter and creator and have published poetry in several magazines including Pegasus, Envoi, and a hand full of times in the local paper. I also have a POD Poetry Book which can be bought on Amazon.com called "September Blue" by P. Allan Frederick.

Friday, July 15, 2005

New Poem

The New Cage

Rats in a cage
Smart are they that
Know the cage.

Each inch
No exit
Water bottle
Pellets

But wait
Who’s that?
Life outside
This cage?
People walking
Staring in
What cage is theirs?

Life beyond cage?
Life bigger than this?

Lifted from cage
Freedom so close

New cage,
Larger
What new life could
This be?

Snake!

1 Comments:

Blogger P. Allan Frederick said...

That one makes me chuckle.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home