.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Pen Master ©

There is a fine balance between expression and control. Poetry in an excellent way to find that balance. Mastered meter and possibly rhyme, to avant-garde free verse is bent and willed as the poet's great message finds freedom on the page. My goal, to find this balance... Everything on this blog is copyright © by P. Allan Frederick and permission must be granted in order to copy or use any content!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eastern Kentucky, United States

I am a passionate and compassionate Biblican who is also deeply into the arts. I can defend doctrines and bring people to God, but I also am a fine art painter and creator and have published poetry in several magazines including Pegasus, Envoi, and a hand full of times in the local paper. I also have a POD Poetry Book which can be bought on Amazon.com called "September Blue" by P. Allan Frederick.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Reading Is Fundamental

I put everything on hold last week to read The De Vinci Code. What a great read. Just from sound bytes and such, I went into thinking that my senses would be offended (Proud to love Jesus!); but it is so transparently fiction that it’s underwhelming. The sad thing is that more people READ this book, than they do the bible. Reading is so crucial, and important. I always encourage people who think that they don’t have time to read to repent (not in those words). But there is always time to read. I mean, I you think that you don’t have time to read, then you’re not having any really good solid (as it were) bowel movements. If you have time to poop, then you have time to read. Even a couple of pages a day is better. I am intrigued by this new game for the PSP that they have been advertising concerning your brain age. Part of my motivation to read, do puzzles (fill in’s), and spend time writing my blog is to keep my mind sharp. But even if I weren’t so medicated, I’d still have to prioritize my IQ. Sadly, I did a great deal of mind altering LSD in and out of high school, searching a transcendence which I found out wasn’t obtainable, the hard way. In fact, the quantity of LSD I did (and other things) significantly lowered my IQ, by at least 15 points (regret and self pity inserted here). But, I retain somewhat of some intelligence and reading is a big part of that. So, please, my point is that you must make time to read. NO TIME TO REVISE AND REVEIW, PLEASE FORGIVE GRAMMAR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home