.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Pen Master ©

There is a fine balance between expression and control. Poetry in an excellent way to find that balance. Mastered meter and possibly rhyme, to avant-garde free verse is bent and willed as the poet's great message finds freedom on the page. My goal, to find this balance... Everything on this blog is copyright © by P. Allan Frederick and permission must be granted in order to copy or use any content!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eastern Kentucky, United States

I am a passionate and compassionate Biblican who is also deeply into the arts. I can defend doctrines and bring people to God, but I also am a fine art painter and creator and have published poetry in several magazines including Pegasus, Envoi, and a hand full of times in the local paper. I also have a POD Poetry Book which can be bought on Amazon.com called "September Blue" by P. Allan Frederick.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Two New Poems

Here is a poem I wrote to my best friend last year. I never showed it to him, but I wanted to share it none the less. Then, after that is a poem that I had published in the local paper. I get published in the local paper almost every month, and its cool. Anyway, enjoy...


Oh my inconsolable!


Oh my inconsolable! What have
I done? Why so miserable; what

devastation? Rich regret and
sinking remorse…What small

sin has separated me from my
chief comrade? What transgression

and trespass has caused so great
a chasm between my fraternal
bosom kindred spirit?


‘twas the evil of mammon! The
corruption of greed! For ‘tis I,

a sycophant of the soul, an
ingratiating fool whose request

for opulent tidings quenched
my brother’s thirst for our
amity…


I am sickened and in shame, and
furthermore I mourn. What have

I done? What distasteful thing
have I done but for a quest for
something so small and temporary
a matter…

I have betrayed my best friend!

Please old chum, hear my penitent
cry! Cry mercy I beg that you would

offer an opportunity to trust me
again! I agonize in compunctious

angst, with glittering hope, that one
day, again we will ride in battle
together.

I plead for the sake of our years
of fellowship and our years

engaged against our mutual enemy,
whom, I know, I had favored that

holiday eve, like a whore at the
temple gate, confused by months

of narcissistic impurity of the spirit
when I bathed with Caesar.

My repute, my reproach, my remorse,
my curse…I plead my brother,

whatever pain that my betrayal did
bring, what caution it must have
instilled in your outlook at my

worth in your life? What trepidation
you must feel? It must hurt twice that

of the norm, that I, your close compadras
would betray you to such a degree.

Please silence your silence! I beg, please
not to let your hidden words berate

my ignoble soul. If only, may hope
give birth, if only, may hope

find a ledge on the cliff, in only,
hope would find the words in you!

Perchance…perhaps…peradventure?
Let my contrition be on my sleeve, nay

not a sleeve, but a sign, a billboard,
that I have changed, and by my yes

being yes and my no being no, I will
not ever repeat my crime. Never will

I allow money to come between us
again! Never I say, never!

AND

On an Ordinary Day

Full Greatness and Glory on this great Earth
to a single day of HIS humble birth

God and virgin did then combine
to make the Master of life that’s mine

Thunder and lightning across the ground
and justice and judgment to me astound

Depths of ocean inside the sea
to tips of clouds all silvery

And simple little birds up in the sky
or reading a poem by Robert Bly

Perhaps reading a bit of Paradise Lost
or not so white teeth perfectly flossed

Spotting a landscape by Claude Lorrain
or watching TV the candidates campaign

On PBS at six the BBC news
And remembering my daughters terrible two’s

I could go on, such things to say
of what I ponder on an ordinary day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home