.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Pen Master ©

There is a fine balance between expression and control. Poetry in an excellent way to find that balance. Mastered meter and possibly rhyme, to avant-garde free verse is bent and willed as the poet's great message finds freedom on the page. My goal, to find this balance... Everything on this blog is copyright © by P. Allan Frederick and permission must be granted in order to copy or use any content!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eastern Kentucky, United States

I am a passionate and compassionate Biblican who is also deeply into the arts. I can defend doctrines and bring people to God, but I also am a fine art painter and creator and have published poetry in several magazines including Pegasus, Envoi, and a hand full of times in the local paper. I also have a POD Poetry Book which can be bought on Amazon.com called "September Blue" by P. Allan Frederick.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Newest Christmas Poem

This is my newest Christmas poem that I wrote for the Carter County Poet Society's Christmas Party:


That ‘ol Magic Mistletoe

New gifts and wrapping paper
Strewn across the floor
Baby is in heaven
And she is just not bored

Pappy is drinking coffee
With “Earnhardt” by his feet
Granny is so happy
That baby’s morn is complete

Mother is taking pictures
Trying to fit it all in
Dad is lookin’ at mother
In wonder of her grin

Turkey’s in the oven
Filling the house with warm
Pumpkin Pie is baking
And outside is a snowstorm

Soon, all will settle
With dishes in the sink
Dad is in the doorway
And giving Mom a wink

She looks above Dad’s big head
And he gives a ho ho ho
Dad invites her over
For that ol’ Magic Mistletoe

Mother knows what Dad wants
It is one of his Christmas wishes
Nothing to elaborate
Just plenty of Christmas kisses.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem. Tells a story I can understand and relate too!

9:33 AM  
Blogger P. Allan Frederick said...

Thanks! It pretty much describes the past 7 Christmas' that we have had here in Kentucky. My father in-law is a Ernhardt collector, and every year get's tons of stuff. Santa get's help from Carla's mom every year, and Carla makes it all come together. I think that this poem really catches a moment in our family history and I like it a lot.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home