.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Pen Master ©

There is a fine balance between expression and control. Poetry in an excellent way to find that balance. Mastered meter and possibly rhyme, to avant-garde free verse is bent and willed as the poet's great message finds freedom on the page. My goal, to find this balance... Everything on this blog is copyright © by P. Allan Frederick and permission must be granted in order to copy or use any content!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eastern Kentucky, United States

I am a passionate and compassionate Biblican who is also deeply into the arts. I can defend doctrines and bring people to God, but I also am a fine art painter and creator and have published poetry in several magazines including Pegasus, Envoi, and a hand full of times in the local paper. I also have a POD Poetry Book which can be bought on Amazon.com called "September Blue" by P. Allan Frederick.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Quandary!


Quandary. I have a ready to publish poetry manuscript. It contains all of my poetry (some selection was required. Some of my poetry is sheer crap!) from the years 2001 to 2004. It is about 84 pages, and it is already formatted in 5 ½ by 8 ½ inch book format. It’s ready to go. Well, I have about 30 poems (I know, I should have at least 100 by this time, but I just don’t work like that, yet!) that I have written thus far this year, and I really like some of them. We have a “homecoming” event this year that I was planning to set up a table at. You know, free bookmarks, selling my little chapbook. I still have a week to change things, and I was thinking about taking the best 30 or 40 poems from my whole collection and making a small little chapbook just for this fair. You know, select poems and so forth. But it would take many hours for me to put this other chapbook together, and with my health issues, I don’t know if that is possible. As is, we would still need to assemble my current manuscript. My wife says that she can get a binder with supplies very cheap from her old work, and use the laser printer at her current work. That would work real well. It’s just that I am thinking about putting my current manuscript in some contest this fall, and they require an unpublished manuscript. That being said, most times, a manuscript under 50 copies is really not considered “published” by most of these small publishing houses running these contest. As you can see, I am kind of back and forth. I think that I should run a limited edition of a selected verse manuscript just for the fair. That means I have to get back to work. TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home